For 70 years, the Prevention brand has been a leading provider of trustworthy health information, empowering readers with practical strategies to improve their physical, mental, and emotional well-being. With a problem-solving mission and inclusive approach, we recognize that everyone’s path to wellness is unique.
Prevention.com’s award-winning content is more than just factually accurate and up to date—it’s also written in friendly, jargon-free language that provides real-life context around complex information, and truly helps readers make important decisions about their health.
Prevention.com reaches more than 10 million monthly unique users, and a highly engaged social media audience of more than 3 million.
- Editorial Team
- Prevention Medical Review Board
- Editorial Policies
- HonCode Principles
- About Hearst Digital Media
- Contact Us
- Prevention Magazine Subscriptions
Meet the Editorial Team
Prevention.com is produced by a team of journalists and editors who are not only passionate about healthy living, but also highly trained in reporting and editing content about everything from medical conditions like type 2 diabetes and heart disease to the latest nutrition and fitness trends.
Meet the Health Newsroom
Meet the Food Team
Frequent Prevention.com contributors
Prevention Medical Review Board
Every story published on Prevention.com that offers advice impacting your well-being is backed up by the Prevention Medical Review Board, which is made up of board-certified experts from a wide range of medical fields—from weight loss to heart health to dermatology—who review and ensure that our articles meet the highest standards of accuracy, integrity, and excellence. Our review process requires that each article cites relevant scientific studies and experts, covers all points relating to the article’s topic, and contains accurate, up-to-date information.
In addition to our medical review board members, hundreds of experts—medical doctors, registered dietitians, certified personal trainers, and more—are quoted throughout Prevention.com, representing diverse points of view and expertise. Here’s a selection of other experts Prevention trusts:
Mark Wolff, D.D.S., Ph.D. | Jonathan Schwartz, D.D.S. | Alex Sharifian, D.D.S. | Soo-Woo Kim, D.M.D. | Julie Cho, D.M.D.
Joshua Zeichner, M.D. | Francesca J. Fusco, M.D. | Meera Sivendran, M.D. | Howard Sobel, M.D. | Suzanne Friedler, M.D. | Meghan Feely, M.D. | Debra Jaliman, M.D. | Melissa Kanchanapoomi Levin, M.D. | Shari Marchbein, M.D. | Heidi Waldorf, M.D. | Dendy Engelman, M.D.
Osama Hamdy, M.D. | Leann Olansky, M.D. | David Nathan, M.D. | Deborah Malkoff, M.S., R.D.N. | Robert Gabbay, M.D., Ph.D. | Helena Rodbard, M.D.
Wayne L. Westcott, PhD; Jordan Metzl, MD; Natalie Jill; Larysa Didio; Daniel Destin, ACSM; James Shapiro, NASM; Lindsey Clayton; Adam Rosante
Steven E. Nissen, M.D. | Eric Topol, M.D. | Laurence Sperling, M.D. | Arthur Agatston, M.D. | Monika Sanghavi, M.D. | Martha Gulati, M.D.
Amesh A. Adalja, M.D. | William Schaffner, M.D. | Richard Watkins, M.D. | Thomas Russo, M.D. | Rajeev Fernando, M.D. | David Cennimo, M.D. | Reynold Panettieri, M.D.
Aviva Romm, M.D. | Andrew Weil, M.D.
Paul Hokemeyer, Ph.D. | E. Blake Zakarin, Ph.D. | Christine Moutier, M.D. | Shizhong Han, Ph.D. | Richard Kravitz, M.D., MSPH | Helen Odessky, Psy.D.
Wendy Bazilian, Dr.PH, R.D. | Isabel Smith, R.D. | Tanya Zuckerbrot, R.D. | Keri Gans, R.D.N. | Bonnie Taub-Dix, R.D.N. | Karen Ansel, R.D.N. | Joy Bauer, R.D.N. | David L. Katz, M.D. | Jessica Cording M.S., R.D. | Gina Keatley C.D.N. | Scott Keatley, R.D. | Alyssa Rumsey, M.S. R.D. | Natalie Rizzo, R.D.
Mary Jane Minkin, M.D. | Lauren Streicher, M.D. | Mae K. Borchardt, M.D. | Paul Nyirjesy, M.D. | Alyssa Dweck, M.D. | Monica Prasad-Hayes, M.D. | Susan M. Love, M.D. (breast cancer)
The Prevention.com content production process includes interviews with qualified experts, as well as a thorough editing and fact-checking protocol prior to publishing. Published content is periodically fact-checked and reviewed to ensure the information provided is accurate and up to date.
Though Prevention.com is supported in part by advertising, our content is produced independently and held to rigorous standards for quality, accuracy, and integrity. In some cases, sponsors may be allowed input regarding broad concepts, but they hold no material influence over the end product. Content created in partnership with advertisers is clearly marked as such. Review Prevention’s Media Kit here.
Prevention.com participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites.
Prevention.com subscribes to the HonCode principles
The international HonCode ethical guidelines are as follows:
- Authority: Any medical or health advice provided and hosted on this site will only be given by trained and qualified medical professionals unless a clear statement is made that the advice offered is from a non-medically qualified individual or organization.
- Complementarity: The information provided on this site is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and the patient’s/site visitor’s physician.
- Attribution and date: The source of the information provided on the site is explicitly mentioned and includes, if possible, a hyperlink to the original source. The date of the last modification of the content must appear on the web page (for example, at the bottom of each page).
- Justifiability: Any claims relating to the benefits or performance of a particular treatment, product or commercial service will be supported with appropriate and balanced evidence and referenced according to principle 4 above.
- Transparency: The creators of the site aim to provide the information in a manner as transparent as possible and will provide contact information for visitors who seek further information or support. This address (email) must be clearly displayed on the website pages.
- Financial disclosure: The financial support of a site must be clearly identified, including the identities of commercial and non-commercial organizations that provide funding, services or materials for the site.
- Advertising policy: The site will clearly indicate if advertising is a source of funding. The website owner will provide a brief description of the advertising policy adopted. Advertising and other promotional material will be clearly presented to the user to differentiate it from the information created by the institution managing the site.
About Hearst Magazines Digital Media
Hearst Magazines Digital Media, a unit of Hearst Magazines, is home to a powerful portfolio of brands, from iconic industry-leading fashion and lifestyle properties to some of the fastest-growing voices in food and commerce. In addition to Prevention, Hearst owns several other global leaders in health and wellness, including Men’s Health, Women’s Health, Runner’s World, Bicycling, and Netdoctor. Learn more about Hearst, Hearst Magazines, and Hearst Magazines Digital Media.
Send us an email
Write to us at email@example.com.
Follow us on social media
You can find Prevention on:
Where we’re located
300 W 57th St
New York, NY
Prevention Magazine Subscriptions
PO Box 6000
Harlan, IA 51593-0128